Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful...1,2, and 3

So, I've had a few friends start 30-day "thankful" facebook statuses or blog posts telling about things they're thankful for for the month of November. I do think it is kind of cheesy, but really, with all of the crap going on in the world, it's nice to hear what people appreciate and respect.

I'm a few days behind, so I'm going to do a 3 in 1. (Numerical order has no bearing on rank of thankfullness)

1. My Husband

There are lots of great qualities about Kyle, but all in all, he's just the perfect partner for me. He puts me, his family, and God first in his life. He likes to go shopping and can tell me what does and does not go together, although, sometimes we disagree and I wear what I want anyway ; )  He's overly analytical about everything, which takes the pressure off of me to figure everything out. He constantly makes me laugh...sometimes the timing is not always appropriate, but I know I have tendency to be too serious, so he helps me let go.


2. My Dog

I had a separate post started about my/our dog, but this is just as appropriate. We got Gus the week before Thanksgiving last year. He has since been a constant source of love, laughter, and joy. Side note: he's a lot more energetic and expressive than these photos show...it's just so hard to capture him "in the moment".


I got this elephant for him to snuggle
with since he was used to having his
litter-mates...he still has it and still
snuggles with it.







3. Coffee

I know, this sounds lame, but to those of you who are coffee-lovers like me...you get me. It's both livening and relaxing at the same time. I like that it's served in the morning with breakfast, afternoon with pie, and in the evenings with dessert. It can be a necessity (2 a.m. cram session) or a treat (Pumpkin Spice Latte!!!!). I like that it encourages intimate gatherings...family in the kitchen, friends at a cafe, or co-workers in the break room. All in all, it's a great little beverage that makes me a happier gal.










1 comment:

  1. Love the Starbucks IV bag!! Lol! I need one. I feel the same way about coffee. And your husband is hilarious! I really like him a lot. I'm glad you brought him into our family!
    Love you
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete