Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Midweek Randoms

So, as the title suggests, these are all random things that actually happen...or happen in my head.

- I see the promos for the movie War Horse and it looks incredible. Beautiful horse, great story, incredible theatrics, etc. The thing is, however, that I refuse to watch movies about animals...even most animated ones. I have an incredible soft-spot for animals. (Well, I should say most mammals, actually. I don't give a flip about snakes or most reptiles in general) Anyway, I just know that there's going to be some climactic part of the movie that will bring me to tears, and I hate crying. For an example, I watched the Lion King for the first time in sixth grade at church camp...I bawled like a baby. So, as amazing as the movie trailers look, that's a movie I won't be going to see.

- [Vent Warning] I see things on Pinterest (a.k.a.-crack for women) and FB about "Live with no regrets, they're only lessons learned"...or something along those lines. I have an issue with that. That statement is what we tell ourselves to make us feel better about something that wasn't the right thing to do. Why do we need to feel better? Truth of it is, most of us know the lesson before we do something wrong...which is why it's called regret! It's not a bad feeling to have, it just means we have a moral compass...and it doesn't mean you have to live with the feeling either. Ask for forgiveness and move on. We all make mistakes.

- I wish my husband liked coffee. What's wrong with him?

- I watched the Victoria Secret Fashion Show last night. Every year I'm amazed at the themes and garments they create...what an incredible team that must be! Of course, you can't look at the models without going...dang it, why did I eat that last Oreo?! Something to keep in mind: the camera angle is from the base of the runway making the girls look eight inches taller than they actually are; some have airbrushed tans; most of them are genetically gifted but they also work their a%$es off (literally) and eat really strictly; their thighs jiggle too. : )

- I like problem solving, especially in spreadsheet form. What happened to me? This is the girl who, at one time, wanted to be a zookeeper because I didn't want to be stuck in an office. I suppose running queries in SAP beats scooping elephant poop.

That's all.
Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment