Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thankful...6

Today is Sunday, the Sabbath...the day of rest. 

I'm so thankful for a day of rest. I know most of us have so much going on in our lives that we view the weekend as days just to catch up on things we couldn't get done during the week...or perhaps get ahead for the upcoming week. But God used six days to create the universe...and then he took a day just to chill out. What makes us think we don't need to do the same? 

Believe me, I do it all the time. I put off doing my laundry or tackling a particular project because I know I have Saturday and/or Sunday to do them. But I have found that the Sundays I go to church and then just do very little the rest of the day...the better Monday I have. I guess it's a total mind, body, and soul recharging. 


And then there are days like today, when I wake up with a headache that feels like the right quarter of my head is going to melt off, and I can sit here with my coffee and Advil and not have to worry about going anywhere or doing anything. I even get to watch church on my laptop. (Nod to my thankfulness of technology)


I think Gus is thankful for his day of rest too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment