I'm thankful to be in the city we're in. There are a lot of other major metropolitan areas that we could work, and not that Houston is a beautiful oasis, but it's a really neat city.
The grocery stores carry really good, fresh produce and seafood; two of my favorites. Speaking of grocery stores...Houston has a Central Market and soon to get a Trader Joe's. Both make me rather happy. I've found that most people that have been here a while don't want to drive that far to go to things like that, but I haven't been disenchanted yet.
I like how much of a melting pot this city is. It has Texas flavor and all, but there are so many people of different ethnicities and nationalities. Which brings me back to grocery stores...there are a ton of ethnic grocery stores, and I think they're all fascinating. I've learned that people who live here are either from here, or they move here for work. (No one moves to Houston 'cause they think it sounds fun.) Both backgrounds make for very interesting stories.
I appreciate that the city has a lot to offer entertainment-wise. Some of the best museums in the U.S., huge zoo, professional ball teams, music galore...not to mention that we're not far away from Galveston, San Antonia, New Orleans, etc.
I always said I would never move to Houston...but now that I'm here, I'm glad we did!
No comments:
Post a Comment