Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful...25

I know I spoke about grocery stores in Houston, but in spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for food.

We live in a country where we have access to all types of food. And refrigeration and freezers help us do even more. Even people on the tightest budget have access to food. We're extremely fortunate to have what a lot of others on earth do not.

I like trying different types of food and using new products, so I seem to pick up something new every time I go. Sometimes it's successful, sometimes not. 

Being closer to the south, I like that there's a big section of Cajun and creole food. I'm normally not a mix person, but I know my limits. With this jambalaya mix, it's just the rice and the seasonings...I'll still add fresh tomatoes, onion, green bell pepper, shrimp and pork sausage. 



I came across this jar of Biscoff Spread and new instantly I'd like it. I love the Biscoff cookies I get on planes. They have a caramel, hazelnut flavor to me and they're sweet but not overly sweet...and this spread is like a peanut-butter consistency made from the cookies themselves. It's a great alternative for people like Kyle who are allergic to peanuts. I ate some tonight with an apple for dessert. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment