Thursday, May 17, 2012

Product Love

Shortly after moving into our new home, I began to realize my desperate need for organizing solutions. I have a lot of cabinets and drawers, so space wasn't really the issue, it was just that things were roaming freely in their given space. I knew at some point that that would be to my detriment. 


So, I decided to visit our local Container Store. The Mecca for all things OCD, and those who are wannabe OCD'ers. 


I purchased several bins for my pantry, and some clear plastic drawer organizers for my make-up drawer...but the coolest thing I felt I bought, was this knife dock


In my last two houses, I've just let my cooking utensils and knives roam about their drawer. I haven't cut my hand to date, but I knew it was inevitable. Plus, I could never seem to find the utensil I was looking for. 


The Container Store has a series of bamboo drawer organizers for kitchen stuff that stack (and to my surprise still fit in a standard sized drawer). But what caught my attention was this particular one made for knives. It's a typical size drawer organizer, except that at one end it has a bunch of thinly stacked cork that act as dividers. Not only does this keep the knives from roaming, it also helps keep them sharp since they are not banging around and hitting other utensils. I was able to layer my knives, so I probably have about 15 knives in my knife dock. 
The other product I'm now in love with is the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.


Yes, I realize that these have been around for some time, but I just always saw them and thought, what's the big deal? It's a sponge!

Well, again, after being in our house a while, I noticed that our black kitchen sink (which is made of a granite composite) had some cream-colored stains on it. It looked like maybe the painters used the sink to rinse off brushes and didn't bother to clean the sink afterwards. 

Now, I knew this particular material required a little pampering, but for it to look bad before I had even been in the house a week made me furious! I was really close to calling the builder and asking them to come buff it out, but I decided to take to Google instead. I'm glad I did. 

Someone on one forum suggested that a little dish soap and the Magic Eraser took off a lot of hard water stains from her sink. So, before I called the builder, I decided to give it a try. 

What do you know?! It worked!!

I was impressed to say the least. I haven't found any other major scrubbing needs around the house yet, but when I do, I know what my to-go cleaning supplies now includes!








4 comments:

  1. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will also remove marks on walls, any unwanted moles/blemishes, and will erase any past mistakes. I think it will eventually remove a finger or two if used without gloves ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, what about wrinkles and gray hair?!

      Delete
    2. Now you know some crazy fool is gonna try to use that magic eraser on there face!

      Delete
    3. LOL, Kristi! Yes, you're right, someone probably will. But that's their fault for being a crazy fool.

      Delete