We've all heard the saying, "everything's bigger in Texas". And I can vouch for that in some areas...meal portion size, trucks, the night sky, etc.
Something people didn't tell me, however, was that although some things remain the same size, they can be more potent.
Son of a...(slapping noise)
I've been bitten by mosquitoes my entire life. It's not really anything new. What is new, though, is the fact that the bites I've gotten down here are five times more itchy, and last three times as long. I don't know if there are different breeds of mosquitoes, but Texas definitely has the mutant mother-load.
I can't remember a time when I've put this much Benadryl or Cortaid cream on my ankles, especially for more than one or two days. I've been pasting the stuff on my body for the past four days, and sometimes in the middle of the night. I have even been tempted to take a Benadryl pill...and would have if I hadn't been afraid of not waking up on time or falling asleep at work.
And it's not just me, Kyle thought he had an infection because his weren't going away after a week.
I hope your Memorial Day weekend is a mosquito free one!
...I'm off to purchase some citronella tiki torches and a bug zapper...
No comments:
Post a Comment