From there I had three more horses that I showed through most of high school. I had the opportunity to travel through a lot of the Midwest to show. By the end of high school, though, I admittedly became a bit burnt out from riding five times a week and traveling to shows what seemed like every other week. BUT, I never grew tired of horses.
All horses are beautiful to me. They exude power and authority, but yet can be so docile and sweet. They also have an air of mystery to them. Elegance and strength in one form.
Anyway, while we're building the house, I'm really trying to take the time to select things for it that mean somthing to me or are interesting in some way. When I ran across this bedding below from the Lauren for Ralph Lauren Home collection, I remembered part of something that I love. I'm not going to fill our house with all equestrian stuff by any means, but I do want pieces of it here and there.
Equestrian is different than country, or rustic...it's more refined than that. Think about old school Ralph Lauren, that's where all of that comes from. It's about masculine lines and leather, but it's also about pearls, polished buckles, and perfectly tailored sports jackets.
I think the bedding above would be great for a guest room. I love it, but it's not what I want to sleep in every night. Here are some other examples of ways I think I can implement equestrian.
Riding Boots - Umbrella Stand
This one is obviously pretty literal, but I love it.
Natural linen, leather trim, polished metal

Trunks are often used to store riding tack and supplies when traveling with horses...why not make it Louis Vuitton?

Trunks are often used to store riding tack and supplies when traveling with horses...why not make it Louis Vuitton?
Lastly, here are some pictures from Badgely and Mischka's home in Kentucky. I'd live there.
(Pictures from ELLE Decor mag)
Did you ride English style? I took lessons when I was little and even won a show one time! I LOVED horses and riding. I love that horse and hound type decor too. LOVE IT!
ReplyDelete~K
I rode both English and Western. I loved both styles for different reasons...I think of English as being like ballet, graceful and deceivingly powerful...where Western is more like a decathalon athlete, it's more athletic in nature and has more raw power but the athlete still has to have that body awareness to be awesome.
DeleteI guess my love of both is why I want both a cow hide rug and a pretty, polished chandelier ; )