Thursday, March 14, 2013

Nursery!


Well, we FINALLY finished the nursery. The things that needed to be finished were mostly cosmetic, but still, it wasn't exactly the way I wanted it. But it is now!


Yes, that's Gus. He seems to like it in there. I think I'm going to have to get him a small bed to put in the corner so he has a "spot".



Wall art above the changing table. I have one more piece that I may put in the lower left-hand corner...but I'm fine with how it is in the event I don't get it finished.


Shel Silverstein poem. It's kind of difficult to read from the picture...so here's the quote.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

I made this as "Kyle's" piece. The football, of course. The scripture is his favorite, Phillipians 4:13. And the fabric in the back is the Blair-Family Scottish tartan plaid pattern.


 This was something that my best friend, Sara, made for the baby shower in Tulsa. She made the blank tree, and then had guests put their fingerprint on the tree and sign it.
 And for some various shots of the whole nursery....




 My mom did an awesome job making the bedding!






Our bags are packed and ready to go! Of course, if they sit there for much longer, I'm liable to take everything out and wash it again. Yes, my name is Sara, and I'm a first-time-mom ; )


4 comments:

  1. Looks so great and so soothing, Sara! How exciting! Congrats! (-:

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The rug and the print over the crib are my favs:) When we end up needing a nursery, I want an old school alphabet print...this one looks like what I have in mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Finding just the right rug was one of the most difficult things I encountered, and I ended up getting this one from One Kings Lane...of all places. The print is from Restoration Hardware Baby & Child...and they have a lot of neat alphabet-type prints. I liked this one because it was a good size, and I thought it looked sophisticated enough to put in his room as he got older...versus more "baby" type items.

      Delete
  3. Looks great! I bet you'll be spending a lot of time in that rocking chair soon =)

    ReplyDelete