So far, I've had a pretty textbook pregnancy. No real complications or concerns to speak of. I did receive some news last week, though, that has been our only hiccup thus far. I found out that I tested positive for Group B Strep. Now, of all things to "go wrong", I will definitely take this one. Basically it just means that I am currently carrying that particular strain of bacteria on my body. It's relatively harmless to me, but if given enough exposure to the bacteria during birth, the baby could contract the bacteria and become quite ill. To lessen the chances of this happening, once I go into labor, they will start me on antibiotics as soon as I get to the hospital. From what my doctor told me, and what I've read, it's really not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. So as long as she's not worried, I'm not going to worry either.
I finally broke down and bought one of those belly support brace things. I like being active and walking a lot, but lately my hips and back just hurt so much that I have to stop much before I would like. Although it's not a cure-all, it sure does help. Kyle and I went on a pretty long walk the other night and I was able to go much further before I started getting some of my usual aches!
How Far Along: 37 Weeks
Size of baby: I'm guessing around 7 lbs.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Don't know, don't care ; )
Maternity Clothes: All day everyday. I've almost gotten to the point where I don't even try to look cute or trendy anymore...if it's clean and it covers all of the necessary body parts...I wear it. I have refrained from wearing yoga pants to work, however.
Movement: See video below
Sleep: If I could take 3 naps a day, I would be okay. Sleeping at night is short-lived, usually. I wake up at least three times to pee, and then toss and turn because my hips hurt. I can't wait to be able to sleep on my stomach again!
What I miss: Not having to be so considerate of things...We went to dinner last night and the two desserts I wanted to order I couldn't, because one had espresso (I had already had my max for the day, not to mention that it would have kept me up) and the other had rum. I settled for a flourless pecan cake, which was good, but it was no rum cake.
Cravings: No cravings per se.
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks and pelvic pressure.
Best Moment this week: This last weekend my Mom came down and helped me finish getting the nursery ready. She made the bedding, so she assembled all of that, and washed and organized everything for me while I was at work on Friday. I still have a couple of things to hang on the walls, but it feels so great to have everything clean and in its place...ready to go.
I also finally got everything we need for our hospital bags. The bags aren't actually packed yet, but I have everything laid out to where they could be thrown into a bag at a moments notice if need be.
Ohhhh I LOVED watching your belly roll. Both my boys did that too, and it can really freak random people out if they're not prepared to see that. I always wanted to be like, "You're freaked out by how it LOOKS? Imagine how it FEELS!" You're so close! Excited to see a birth story on these pages in the next month!
ReplyDeleteNot even random people, it completely freaks Kyle out. And yes, it feels VERY bizarre, but very cool at the same time. Except for when it hurts...then I push him back and tell him to be nice to me!
Delete