Monday, February 25, 2013

Sleep, we need to have a talk

So, middle of the night pee breaks have been a normal thing for me since the little stick said "pregnant". And that's fine, as long as I can immediately go back to sleep. Well, I guess my body is preparing me for life with a little one, because sleep is starting to elude me.

All last week I probably got around 4-5 hours of sleep total each night. The best night of sleep I got all week was after we went to the Rodeo Cookoff on Thursday night. We walked quite a ways and I was up a lot later than normal. I was exhausted when we got home, but I got six solid hours of sleep. The best I've gotten in quite a while!

Last night was pretty bad. Between bathroom visits, baby boy not understanding that he's out of room (foot in ribs, butt in my kidney, and elbow in my colon simultaneously...), and then it seemed that once he would settle down, I'd have a contraction. Not a painful one, but one uncomfortable enough to not let me fall asleep very easily. And then, sometimes the contraction would cause little man to decide that he need to readjust again. Then I knew my stomach was hurting, but it didn't feel hard like during a contraction. Verdict? I was hungry. So I went to the fridge and ate some peach yogurt at 2:30 a.m. So I finally got back in bed, only for the process to start completely over...until I realized that I needed to pee. Again.


I've had another new phenomena show up...I have begun to get HOT! I'm the person that always carries an extra jacket or sweater, has a space heater under my desk, gets mad at Kyle when he leaves the bathroom door open while I'm taking a shower because it causes a draft, wears sweats in the summer time, and would be perfectly happy with our thermostat never going below 73.

I haven't turned on my space heater in over a week. I have actually not worn outfits because I thought that they might be too warm. And I have gotten up in the middle of the night on a couple of occasions to turn our thermostat DOWN!

I haven't decided which I like better, being cold or hot, but I can most definitely appreciate not being pregnant in the middle of the summer now!

2 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not alone! Sleep has become so elusive, and the night sweats are just awful. I wake up every night between 2 and 3, and that is the end of sleep for me. Before then, I can fall back asleep after contractions and rib kicks, but after 3, I need to eat or I'm just wide awake for who knows what reason. *sigh* At least we are almost there!! Hang in there =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 has been my magical hour as well! And I, like you, have decided that I have to get up and eat or do something for a few minutes...I suppose it's like re-booting. Otherwise, my mind doesn't turn off and I just lay there until I decide how early I really want to go into work.

      Delete