Monday, March 18, 2013

38.4 Weeks...

I know from my previous experience of stalking my pregnant friends' blogs and Facebook accounts, that any lull in activity concludes in the assumption that something exciting has happened or is happening. So although this probably won't be a long post, I thought I'd try to get something up just to make sure everyone knew that I am, indeed, still very much with child.

Our appointment last week went well. We saw a different OB in the group because mine was out. Everything was still pretty much the same, although she did estimate that baby boy is somewhat smaller than my OB has been predicting...which I'm perfectly OK with.

For the last few visits, and everyone going forward, I've had cervical checks. I've come to the conclusion that the receptionist needs to hand out ice cream cones, or at the very least, some type of monetary compensation for having to go through those. After my last one, Kyle made the comment that it looked really uncomfortable, but at least women were probably used to that from having yearly exams. I quickly informed him that no woman EVER gets used to that. A baby coming out, yes, it hurts, but at least it's a normal, natural process. Cervical checks, not a natural process and will never be "gotten used to".

I've been having a lot more Braxton Hicks and he has dropped a little, but nothing monumental. I could go into labor tomorrow, or I could need to be induced in 3 weeks. Who knows!

How do I feel? I feel like a double-wide trailer going down the highway and I need an escort truck with flashers ahead of and behind me. I keep being told that you can't even tell that I'm pregnant from behind, which is some consolation. Everything is just more difficult. Sitting in a normal, upright position. Getting comfortable to sleep (that's an oxymoron, by the way). Putting on shoes. Leaning over the bathroom sink to rinse my mouth out after brushing my teeth...etc...

I won't say that I'm miserable, it's just frustrating not to be able to do the things I'd like to. BUT, I can hang in there until baby boy decides that he's ready to introduce himself. I'm in the home stretch, and I owe the two of us that much.



No comments:

Post a Comment