We have to take Gus to the veterinarian tomorrow morning to get his foot/leg checked out. He's had a little limp for a few days and we've just been watching it to make sure that it didn't get worse...well, this morning it was a lot worse. He would barely put any weight on it at all. It made me so sad!! Kyle and I discussed logistics about getting him to his appointment and Kyle made the [probably correct] observation that we better just get used to it, because as active as this baby is in utero...we'll probably be visiting the pediatrician and minor emergency clinics quite often. Maybe I should just have my Dad teach me how to do sutures and save us some money on co-pays. I'm kidding!! Sort of...
How Far Along: 32 Weeks
Size of baby: I'm guessing a little over 4 lbs...but who really knows.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've gotten to a point where I really don't wish for anything else to tack itself on to my hips, butt or thighs...but at the same time, I really don't care. I'm trying not to overindulge too much, but hey, ice cream before bed helps with acid reflux.
Maternity Clothes: Ugh. My wardrobe is diminishing quickly. Very few tops are long enough now, and the bands on the tops of the maternity pants are uncomfortable because they don't come up high enough any more. "just a few more weeks, just a few more weeks"
Movement: Check out my post prior to this one. He is active more often than not, and now it's to the point that it kind of hurts sometimes. Jab to the colon coinciding with a butt thrust to the ribs.
Sleep: This past week I've actually been sleeping really well. However, Kyle and I have resorted to sleeping in separate rooms on occasion. Sometimes I toss and turn too much and wake him up, and then there are times (like last night) when he couldn't quit coughing and was afraid of disturbing me. Hey, I love my husband and enjoy having him beside me...but there are times in life when sleep just trumps everything.
What I miss: I've got a few now...
- Sitting up and leaning over my plate/bowl when I eat. Kiddo is so low that he jabs me if I lean over too much.
- Not having to work to roll over in bed, or get out of bed for that matter.
- Getting a beverage at Starbucks without glances of judgement
- My clothes. Just normal, everyday clothes that fit.
- Getting a beverage at Starbucks without glances of judgement
- My clothes. Just normal, everyday clothes that fit.
Cravings: A cold turkey sandwich. Seriously. I just want to be able to go to Jimmy John's and get a stinking turkey sandwich.
Symptoms: Some of my first trimester beauties have made a encore appearance. Acid reflux, nausea in the middle of the night, and being tired more often.
Best Moment this week: Last Saturday and this coming Saturday, some really great girls have been sweet enough to throw baby showers for us. Between being relatively new in a big city, and being so far away from our old friends and family, I honestly didn't expect anyone to do anything for us...So I'm just that much more thankful and feeling blessed because of the thoughtfulness and generosity of everyone. It's been so much fun to celebrate our baby boy with everyone!
Haha, I can't sit up without getting jabbed either. Eating is the worst...my protruding belly is always covered with food at the end of a meal! And I am pretty much out of maternity clothes that fit, too. *sigh* But we are getting so close!!
ReplyDeleteYum Jimmy Johns! I cannot wait
ReplyDelete