Friday, January 11, 2013

29 Weeks!

Holy Moly! Where has the time gone???

I knew the holidays would eat up some time, but this pregnancy seemed like it was in slow motion for so long, and now it has hit warp speed to catch up! This sudden realization that we only have 11+/- weeks to prepare has got me in a panic. We have most of the things we need for the nursery, we just need to get it set up and done. Those plans for getting it done before Christmas obviously didn't happen. 

I finally made a "to-do" spreadsheet the other day so that I could tangibly see what was left to be done, and also so that Kyle would understand my anxiety and help with the things that he can. I know...it will all get done, we have time. I just kind of want it all done RIGHT NOW! The funny thing is, there are a lot of things on the list that we can't or won't do until closer to delivery anyway. No need to pack my hospital bag at 29 weeks (fingers crossed). 

People keep asking me how I feel, and to be honest, I feel pretty good. At least, I feel a lot better than I thought I would. Yes, my back and hips hurt from time to time, and I'm tired, but that's about it. I can even still wear heels and balance on one foot to put on my socks. I feel bad for women who are miserable by this time, and still have a ways to go. I totally expected to have all of the "worsts"...swelling, acne, nerve pain, stretch marks, etc. I'm just extremely grateful to not have had any complications or issues. I feel like I'm odd when I go to the OB for my appointments and I usually only have a question or two for her...not the battery I assumed I would. Nothing seems wrong, and nothing concerns me, so I guess there's nothing to ask(?).



How Far Along: 29 Weeks

Size of baby: Not 100% sure...around 16 inches long and close to 3 lbs. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: You know, I gained a lot more over the holidays than I should have, but I'm still within my doctor's "normal" range, so I'll count that as good. 

Maternity Clothes: Uh, yes. I'm in maternity tops now as well. At home, I just wear large t-shirts and such, but I have to keep pulling them down to keep out the draft. 

Movement: We have a ninja baby. Seriously. My belly moves all over the place when he gets fired up. I've even seen both sides of my stomach get kicked/punched at the same time. It kind of freaks Kyle out a little. I'm really hoping that this isn't an indicator of activity level after birth. However crazy his movement may be, I will say that I love it, for sure! I sit there and laugh watching my belly, wondering what he's really doing. 

Sleep: Some nights good, some not so good. I've finally got my pillow arrangement figured out, so that helps a lot. 

What I miss: I'm getting to the point where reaching down isn't the most comfortable thing to do...especially with a low-riding baby. 

Cravings: Nothing really. No aversions either. Although, there are days when I'd love to have 3 lattes. 

Symptoms: Um, I have a huge belly. I don't suppose I have any major symptoms per se, other than I look pregnant. Today, however, I am really sleepy. 

Best Moment this week: We have childbirth class this Saturday at the hospital I'll be delivering at, so I'm actually pretty excited about that. I think it will help with some of my anxiety since I'm a "what happens now/next" type of person. I think it will also really make it real that in two and a half months, we'll be back there bringing our baby boy into the world! Okay, I'll be bringing this baby into the world, Kyle will be sitting in a chair next to me trying not to pass out ; )





No comments:

Post a Comment