Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"Welcome" Gift Help

As you know, we moved into our new house recently. The fun thing is that we are one of the first houses in our little section to be completed, so we're getting to see the neighborhood build up around us...and see our new neighbors move in!


Not living in a suburban neighborhood growing up, I always thought it would be cool to be the Stepford Wife/Desperate Housewife on the block, and greet our new neighbors with a clever, useful, and homey gift and introduce ourselves. (I won't, however, be donning a clean, pressed apron and pumps.)


Now, I probably won't do this for every new neighbor, as there will be quite a few, but I'd at least like us to introduce ourselves to the people immediately around us. There have already been a few move in, so I need to get on the ball, but we had a family move in behind us over the last couple of days, so I really feel like we need to go get acquainted. 


Okay, fine, I'll admit it. I have an ulterior motive. A salesman came by our house last night and mentioned that he saw our car tag said Oklahoma, and that he had just met our neighbors behind us...they're from Norman


Are you kidding me?!?


I come all the way down here and I have to share a back fence with hoodlums from Norman?


So, before I make too many assumptions, other than you have to be a hoodlum to live in Norman, I would like to get to know these folks and inquire about their allegiance. Perhaps, they moved to Norman from elsewhere in the country, were only there a short time, and despise the color Crimson. That would be ideal. 


Better yet, they're Boise State fans. That would be ideal ; )


Sorry...got off track a bit.


Back to the "welcome to the neighborhood" gift. I have a few ideas...baked good, candle (maybe citronella), small plant... I don't want to spend a ton of money, because like I said earlier, I'll be assembling quite a few of these, but I want it to be nice. 


What ideas do you have? Or, what would you have liked to receive when you moved into your neighborhood?







2 comments:

  1. I can only pray with you that they are Boise State fans.

    May God be with you.

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete