Friday, June 8, 2012

Medium Well


So, you remember me telling you how excited I was about having two convection ovens in my post about our house? Well, I finally got to put them to use over the weekend.

I wanted to make a pan of roasted potatoes and bake a dessert at the same time, and of course each item required a different temperature. Enter, double ovens.

I turned both ovens on to begin pre-heating, when I started smelling something. I just chalked it up to being the first time I had used the lower oven...you know, burning off that plastic-y, manufacturing plant smell.

Once heated, I opened the ovens to insert my items to be baked...only to discover that in my lower oven, it was not, in fact the "new" smell that was burning...it was the instruction manual stacked inside the broiler pan that came with the ovens.





I know it's hard to read, but under the star symbol, it says,
 "National Association of State Fire Marshals"

Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment