After a few rounds, they gave us time to just play, or rather, be stupid. Seriously...a bunch of guys (and girls) that still have the vigor of kids in junior high, but are now smart enough and strong enough to most effectively implement said stupid things.
Here's a video.
It was a BLAST!
It wasn't however, without incident.
During the first round of laser tag, a girl accidentally got kneed in the nose. Luckily it wasn't broken, but it did bleed pretty badly and frightened the poor girl. Later on, one guy got his hand stepped on and his knuckle looked pretty bad. Another guy may have hurt his knee. I think I did a little damage to my back after diving off of the slide into a pit of blown up pop can looking things. Luckily, I already had an appointment set with a chiropractor for today, so I'm not too worried.
Oh, and at one point, too many of us got on top of the slide and it started losing too much air. We all started losing our balance and one of the guys and myself got pitched backwards. I remember looking at one another like..."we're going to fall backwards and there's not a darn thing we can do about it". Luckily, there was a netted backing to the whole thing, so we both just fell into the netting and sat/laid there about four feet off of the ground until others could come get us out. It was a little traumatizing, but no one got hurt (during that incident). I can say, however, that I now know how fish feel.
At church the next day, we were comparing stories, injuries, and aches and pains. It made me laugh because we're all relatively young...so why do we feel so old!?!
Do you remember that move Unbreakable with Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson?...it's become a joke that Kyle is the character played by Jackson...the broken one. Kyle has had almost every injury imaginable. Concussions, broken bones, slipped/bulging/degenerative discs, tendinitis, torn rotator cuff, shin splints, muscle spasms, sciatica...and the list goes on.
Between the two of us, I've decided that our next home (in 10-15 years) will be a one-story with no steps or stairs anywhere, so that our matching Hoverounds can maneuver through the house easily. And one of us is going to have to work until the other passes away just so we'll have good health insurance...assuming we still have private insurance companies at that time, but that's another post for another day.
I wonder if they make RV's that are handicap accessible.
No comments:
Post a Comment