For instance, I went on a two-week trip a couple of years ago with a group from grad school. One of the guys was Canadian. I came back adding "eh?" to the end of questions, periodically. I'd previously never said "eh?" in my life.
Don't worry, I don't do that anymore.
With my Dad having grown up in Mississippi, and all of his side of the family still living there, I have a STRONG tendency to take on a Southern accent instantaneously upon being around any of them. The other night, Kyle came home from running some errands and after talking for a moment, he said "who from Miss. have you been talking to?". I had been talking to my Dad.
This weekend, my cousin and her husband (from Miss.) are coming for a visit. All that to say...if you run into me over the next week and I sound like I'm trying to get into character for a production of Gone with the Wind...you'll understand that that is not the case. I'm just channeling my inner Paula Deen.
This made me laugh. A lot.
ReplyDelete