I've been a little negligent. My apologies.
It's not that we've been terribly busy, but just busy enough that I haven't gotten a chance to sit down and blog. But that's sort of a good thing.
So what have we been up to...
For starters, I've really gotten into a good workout regimen again...and it feels really good! I'm not using a personal trainer this time around, but there are enough classes like "bodypump" that push me further than I what I would do on my own, and that's all I'm really looking for. I also really like spin/cycling. It's aggressive and you burn a ton of calories in an hour...somewhere between 550-700 typically. I actually got Kyle to go with me to spin class this past Saturday. He actually enjoyed it more than I thought he would, but one thing is for certain...we are both going to need to buy some cycling shorts with the butt pads! With all of Kyle's recent injuries, he's taking it a little at a time to make sure his body can handle it, and so far, he's doing really well!
Oh! We finally got word that we can close on our house at the end of this month. WooHoo!!! Meanwhile, we're still chilling in the rent house. It's better now that there's a contract on the house and people have stopped requesting showings, but it was rather awkward last week when the inspector came to inspect the house (which I was informed of at 9:30 the evening before mind you). Not only did he show up 45 minutes late, but if Kyle hadn't been home, he couldn't have gotten in the home because the realtor wasn't with him. Oh, then the buyers showed up. So Kyle and I just chilled in the living room while they went through everything. Then she asked us if we were wanting to sell any of our furnishings. So, so awkward.
What else...I'm slowly going blonde! I haven't had any real blonde in my hair since I graduated high school. New place, new house, new hair! I don't think it really suits me as well as dark chestnut, but it's fun none the less. I mean, it's just hair dye.
Easter weekend was nice. The weather was absolutely perfect. I wish it would stay like this all year long. It was also nice to have Friday off. We got a lot done around the house so we were able to actually enjoy the rest of the weekend. Friday night we went out for sushi and then to see American Reunion. It was disgusting and hilarious...about what I expected. Some friends from church invited us to have Easter lunch with their family, and that was really enjoyable as well. And yes, Kyle couldn't keep himself from "helping" the little kids find eggs. I'm glad I wasn't in an egg hunt with him as a kid.
We capped off the weekend by watching the final round of the Masters Sunday evening. After having played a little golf, I can appreciate the difficulty of what those guys are able to do. It actually restored my faith in the world a little...a guy named Bubba, who's never had a lesson, won one of the most prestigious tournaments on the tour. Not to mention the fact that his driver is hot pink. Way to go Bubba! In case you haven't seen this video yet, you need to. Bubba is, of course, in the overalls.
The next few weeks are going to be busy as well...dinners, church activities, local festival, cousins coming to visit, horse show going on down the street, and of course packing and getting things set up to move!

No comments:
Post a Comment