1. Stick/Immersion Blender: This is a product that we didn't register for, but received as a wedding present. At first I thought, what am I going to do with this...but then I started using it to blend protein shakes (which are next to impossible to get completely smooth), break down whole tomatoes for sauces, and puree soups. Plus, this particular blender has a whisk attachment should you need to beat egg whites for a meringue or other high-speed whisking needs. It's one of those things that I never knew I needed until I had it...and now I recommend that every kitchen have one.
2. Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak: I stumbled upon this beauty when I was in San Francisco and saw the Kiehl's store as I was walking through a neighborhood. I thought, hmmm, all of my magazines show celebrities with Kiehl's products...I should go see what all the hype is about. Prior to my trip, my hairdresser had mentioned that my hair was particularly dry so when I was in the store I asked about deep conditioning products. They gave me a ton of samples (any Kiehl's counter will, so don't be afraid to ask)...one being this olive oil hair pak. It's magic folks. After one application, my hair was silky and shiny without being oily. It is a little on the expensive side at $25 a jar, but considering how little is needed and how long it lasts (a jar lasts me a year) it's worth the investment. One word of advice though...if you use it in the shower, make sure you're standing on something non-slip...I almost landed my bony rear on the marble floor of a hotel shower.
3. MAC Lipglass in Underage: I don't remember how or why I started using this product, but I love it. It's a thick lip gloss that stays on for a very long time. This particular color is great alone or on top lipstick (with or without liner). I'm picky about how my lips feel and I've wasted a lot of money on crappy lip products...so just take my word for it.
4. www.mint.com: This isn't a tangible product, but that doesn't mean it's any less useful. This is a FREE website that makes managing your money a lot easier because it gives you a complete look at your finances as a whole...not just one account at a time. How it works is you enter every account you have regarding money; checking and savings accounts, 401k(s), mortgages, loans of any sort, and credit cards. One of the main features we use is the Budget page. All expenses are categorized (you can even edit the categories) so we can really tell where our money is going and how/if we need to adjust our spending habits. I realize that security of such accounts is a big concern, but mint doesn't cache the information, it simply pulls it straight from the various account websites each time you log in so your information is never stored.
5. Starbucks VIA: I'm not usually an instant coffee person, but when I went to China about a year and half ago...these little babies saved me. They are single serving packets and all that is needed is a cup and hot water (which most Chinese hotels had electric kettles in the rooms for tea). To be completely honest, the flavor is better than a lot of coffees that I could brew at home myself. I believe they come in flavors (vanilla, mocha, etc.) now as well. These are great to keep in your desk at work or use as a stocking stuffer for the coffee lover in your household.
I'm quite certain I have more "favorite" things, but this is the list I've come up with so far.
Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment