Watch out world...there's a mini Kyle or Sara headed your way! Although we'll try to mitigate any damage that may occur, I claim responsibility to nothing more than our insurance will cover. On the other hand, should our little one figure out how to eliminate famine, balance the national budget, or become a missionary that leads an entire nation to Christ...we'll take full credit for that one ; )
He or She is due to arrive in late March. So, far I've felt pretty good for the most part. I just get tired really easily, and don't feel up to par some days. It's frustrating because I have all of these things I want to do, but my body just says "nope, not today". But, when I really started reading about what all my body is doing in biological and chemical terms...it's amazing that I get out of bed in the morning!
I'm honestly just thankful that I haven't had it as bad as some. My poor sister-in-law was really sick for about the first 14 weeks. I've definitely had my days, however, when I've thought, "how in the world do women have more than one??". I'm sure I'll understand more after he or she gets here.
Food-wise, I haven't had any cravings really, just aversions. I used to think that pregnant women used the "cravings and aversions" thing as an excuse to eat junk...I understand now. If something doesn't sound good, that means if I see it or smell it, I'll probably start dry-heaving. No joke. The odd one for me is that I don't really care for sweets! Other than the occasional frozen fruit bar or ice cream, I really have no desire for desserts. That's very bizarre for me! I don't even care for sweet potatoes any more. Actually, thinking about sweet potatoes as I type this is making my stomach turn a little. Weird.
Funny story: Last night I was sitting on the couch and Kyle had gotten up to do something, and I asked him if he would get me a cheese stick. He came around the corner and looked at me funny, and said "you want what?'. I said, "could you get me a cheese stick while you're up?". (He was 10 feet from the refrigerator) He laughed and said, "Oh! I thought you said cheese steak [sandwich]! I'd go see if I could find one if that's what you really wanted, but I thought it was a pretty odd request at 10:30 at night." I laughed and said "No, even if that's what I wanted, I wouldn't ask you to do that. Well, not yet anyway...give me 20 weeks."
To those that know me, I'm starting to show a little. I'm tall, but short-wasted and thin...so my stomach didn't really have much of a chance for concealing anything. I keep reading about these women who are able to wear their normal pants up until almost delivery. Whelp, that's not happening here! Even my yoga pants squish me in all the wrong places. This part of pregnancy, sucks. Oh well, it's short lived and for a good cause ; )
All in all, we just feel extremely blessed that we've been given such a precious gift. And we're very excited to see what God has planned for us as this kiddo makes its arrival into the world!
So, now that you know our big news, I'm sure you understand my lack of posts over the past couple of months. I've had a bit of baby on the brain : )
Well well well! Congratulations! (-: That's awesome. Can't wait to hear more about it!
ReplyDelete~Kathryn
Oh, you'll hear more. My veil of modesty has lowered quite a bit since becoming pregnant. : )
DeleteI'm SO SO happy for you guys! :) I can't wait to read all the upcoming blogs about your pregnancy :)
ReplyDelete