Friday, September 28, 2012

Nothing special...

I don't really have anything funny or earth-shattering to share, but I felt like I needed to post something...so here I am. 

I went to the dentist this morning...it was interesting. I had a new hygienist  which I didn't like because I like to know what to expect, and all dental hygienists have their routine. Anyway, it went fairly well, but the older I get, the more I grow to hate the scaler...the little tool they use to scrape plaque off of your teeth. The sound is just atrocious. Then, she suggested I do a foam fluoride rinse...ok, fine. Well, after swishing it around, she held the little sucker thing up to my mouth to suck out the foam, and I somehow managed to spew foam all over the side of my shirt. She helped me clean it up, but I was rather irritated at myself. She finishes up and the dentist comes in to check everything. Just as he was finishing the phrase "Your teeth look great...", he found where one of my old fillings had popped out. So, while I was there I had him fix it. Luckily, I didn't need an anesthetic. 

So, to treat myself for my dental visit (I have no problem rewarding myself like a dog), I stopped at Starbucks for a (decaf) Pumpkin Spice Latte. It was good, but the lack of cool weather didn't really do it justice. Then, as I was driving into work, I took a drink and somehow spilled some of my coffee on my jeans. Most beverages just dry up and you can't tell anything ever happened...Pumpkin Spice Lattes are not most beverages, apparently. I totally have a few blobs on my jeans. Awesome.


Tonight and tomorrow morning we're going to a marriage/family conference that our church is hosting. I think that Kyle and I do pretty good, but I know that we can always learn how to do better. Especially now that we have a kiddo on the way, we think it's even more important to be in tune with one another, and learn how to keep our faith as the focus of our marriage and family as the chaos ensues. Wait, there is no chaos, right?!

Tomorrow night we're having our church group over to our house, which I'm really looking forward to! Since we built the house, we haven't really had any group stuff at our house...we had company in and out for quite a while right after we moved in, and then we found out I was pregnant, and cleaning the house for a group of people (or even just a couple) to come over just was not a priority. The only thing I screwed up about this party was that I scheduled it before I knew when the OSU game would be played. I think I'll still be able to catch the end of it though ; )




Last but not least, I got Gus a new "indestructible", knotted, rope toy...this is what it looked like after two days. I'd put him up against a badger any day of the week. Speaking of Gus, I'm really proud of him. Kyle was gone last weekend, and on Sunday night, Gus and I had already gone to bed when Kyle got home. I heard the garage door, but I just laid there to wait and see what Gus would do...sure enough, he hopped up when he thought he heard something and growled a little, and then as soon as he heard some footsteps he started barking like a mad man. I'm proud of my little pint-sized guard dog ; )




Well, that's kind of it for now. I'll do a baby update post soon. 

Happy Friday!




No comments:

Post a Comment