I had been reading and hearing about how much better the second trimester is, but I think it's one of those things that you can't appreciate until you experience it.
I was lucky in that I never had severe morning sickness. But while I never felt horrible, I never really felt good either. It was such a weird feeling. Normally, if I feel bad, I can take a nap or just take it easy for a day, and feel better...but that's apparently not how pregnancy works. I guess I just felt kind of puny all of the time. And it didn't help that I was waking up for the fifth time (to pee) every night/morning around 3:30-4:00 a.m. and not being able to go back to sleep until my alarm went off at 5:00 a.m.
Although I don't feel 100% myself...I feel so much better!
The past few nights I've been sleeping like a rock (only getting up once or twice). I've been going to bed before Kyle, and I never even hear or feel him get into bed. I just wake up and he's there. That's how I know that I slept well ; ) Plus, most any nausea or lightheaded-ness has dissipated.
This morning I had one of those great mornings that I haven't had in a while.
- I love my outfit and I love even more that I am able to use the hair-tie around the button on my pants, instead of using the belly band. That thing is getting annoying.
- I slept on my hair wet, and I didn't wake up with any cow-licks...just a few turns of the curling iron and my hair looks good!
- Friday traffic is the best...because it's almost non-existent.
- I left early enough (shocker!) to stop by Jamba Juice. I've been hitting up Smoothie King once in a while (because breakfast still isn't my friend), but it just hasn't tasted good to me...so I thought I'd give J-J a whirl. So glad I did! I found a smoothie that I love...not too sweet, and it has fruit and veggies in it...all stuff I really need to be eating more of. It's called the Berry UpBeet, it has strawberries, blueberries, mango, and Red Juice (carrot, beet, broccoli, spinach, and kale). You should try it.
- As I was driving in to work...I was just washed with this God-induced, blissful peace. I haven't felt that in a while. It's the feeling that makes me acutely aware that the world is so much bigger than me, and that my short time here is meant for a higher purpose...and that stressing about the little things is so minuscule in comparison to everything else.
- Last but not least, it's finally starting to get (relatively) cool around here...so I'm getting out my Fall decorations this weekend! I love Fall! I love pumpkins, hay bales, cinnamon scented stuff, leggings and boots, scarves, fire pits and s'mores, and, of course, football.
I hope everyone is having a great Friday, and has a wonderful weekend!
LOL - love this blog :) I love that feeling you get when you know you are just a small part of this world and you feel a sense of calm. I wanna see pictures!!!
ReplyDeletePictures?
Delete