Thursday, August 9, 2012

The last three months...

Sorry for going missing, but it's been a long, fun-filled, exhausting, wonderful summer. Actually, since we moved into our new house in May, we've had 8 (out of 14) weekends where we've either had people at our house, or have traveled...6 of them being in the last 6 weeks!

I can't remember all of it but here's a synopsis with pictures. Most involve kiddos.

......

We went to the zoo with Kyle's parents, brother, sister-in-law, and niece. We watched them give the elephants a bath. I was impressed with how well they are trained, but then I guess that's probably a key element to working a 6 ton animal. 



I thought these Ankole Cattle were really neat. Their horns are like 10-12 inches in diameter. I makes my head hurt looking at it.


I just like rhinos.


With some coaxing, our niece, Landry can be quite the ham.



...and then sometimes the instruction results in a scrunchy face, looking at a flower. 


Gus just helped my MIL color.




........

Maybe I have a twisted sense of humor...but I love blooper pictures. Especially of little kids. 

I'm saving this one of my niece, Georgiana (my brother's kid) for her senior yearbook. I call it, Franken-Baby. Obviously, it wouldn't be quite so funny if she were not in fact extremely cute, as evidenced below.






.....

Oh yeah, and we celebrated Kyle's 30th birthday! I took a ton of pictures, but later realized that they were mostly of the kids. This is the best one I got of the birthday boy. He's holding our friend's little boy, and he could not be cuter or sweeter...the baby, that is ; ) 



......

We went to Galveston to the beach with Kyle's cousin, her husband and their kiddos. It was a lot of fun and a much needed little getaway. 

Funny story, we were standing in the water when I felt something in my bathing suit. It's the gulf, so I just attributed it to seaweed or something...until I saw Kyle and his cousin start digging into their bathing suits. Long story short, we somehow came across a pod of itty-bitty baby shrimp, and they invaded our suits. I kind of felt like I needed to make an appointment with my OBGYN to make sure I wasn't going to birth a gulf shrimp in a few weeks or something. Pretty disgusting.

When we got back, the twin three year olds adopted Gus as their "new baby dog". They played with and pampered him...and tucked him in with their blankies when he got tired. 





That's by no means "it", but that's probably all I've got for now. Hopefully I can get back to my regular posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment