No, Kyle didn't die.
But, he's about to disappear from my life for about the next four
and half months.
You see, it's FOOTBALL SEASON. And starting this Saturday, I will
become a football widow.
Don't get me wrong...I actually really like football. Especially
college football. I actually watch the games and know quite a
bit about what's going on. (And I try my best not to ask stupid questions or
make remarks about things that I know nothing about) We're even going to the
Texans preseason game tomorrow night, and I'm really excited...my first NFL
game!
The widow part comes into play because not only is Kyle a huge
college and NFL fan, but he's also in FOUR fantasy football leagues.
Side note: I'll admit that I'm a bit of an enabler...one night, he
had two drafts going on simultaneously, one online and the other over the
phone. I volunteered to help him cross players off of his list as they were
picked so that he would know who was left for his picks. Wife of the year right here!
So, that means that he
will watch football Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Saturday is usually
just a matter of watching OU play, for him. Sunday, specifically,
he will have his iPhone, laptop, and TV all ready to rock...from noon until
whenever the last game ends...usually around 10 p.m. It's ridiculous.
It might sound like I'm
hacked off at him about it, but the truth is, I'm not. Kyle is a great husband
and he doesn't do too much without me, or at least without considering me. He
doesn't go out with his buddies that often, he doesn't even play a lot of golf
anymore...so this is his hobby (ahem, addiction) for four months. And I'm okay
with that.
As for me, I will
primarily be watching college ball on Saturdays. I grew up an Auburn fan, but I
went to school at Oklahoma State. Seeing that they're not in the same
conference, I don't feel conflicted about cheering for both
wholeheartedly.
Just so you know, we don't
do the whole OU/OSU "house divided" thing in our house...instead, we
focus our extreme dislike on Texas and LSU. It works for us ; )
With all that said...
Go Pokes!!

You stinker! ;-) Hope you have lots of fun at the Texans game. I think we're going to go to a Chiefs game this year which will be my first NFL game!
ReplyDeleteIt was fun! Traffic getting there was a nightmare, but otherwise it was nice. Plus, it was a suite...so being preggo, having a buffet and a bathroom right there was like heaven!
Delete