Taxes. Ugh. Luckily, we were referred to a really good CPA to do our taxes this year. We weren't about to tackle taxes in two different states, selling a home, itemized expenses, etc...on our own. Unfortunately, we may be facing the Alternative Minimum Tax. It's a complicated tax law, look it up if you need a sleep inducing tool. Just know that we might have a grudge against the IRS for quite a while should we happen to fall under it.
I feel like Chandler Bing from Friends. When people ask me what I do, I can't give them a very clear-cut answer. My title doesn't even really reflect what I do. Honestly, the majority of my job right now is looking into things that are important, but have fallen through the cracks, or cross-department issues that need attention but haven't been addressed due to lack of time, personnel, and/or knowledge. I'm sure the lack of structure would drive most people crazy, but I actually prefer it.
I'm ready for our house to be finished! I know I've said that before, but I mean it even more so now. The owner of the house we are renting is putting the house up for sale, in hopes to sell it around the time we will be moving out. The problem is, they are showing the house while we are in it. I completely understand the need to do so, but it's just an added burden for us. It wouldn't be too big of an issue except for Gus. I feel bad because if they are coming to show the house during the day when we aren't there...we have to crate him for the day, when we normally just shut him off in an area where he has a little room. Not to mention the fact that we have to lock up anything valuable. Oh well, we have a place to live, and I should be thankful for that.
I am going to start my workout regimen, again, next week. I was doing so good in Tulsa before we moved. I was going 4-5 times a week and working with a personal trainer one of those days. I haven't done much since we moved...partly because it took a while to get adjusted to the new lifestyle, and partly because I'm just lazy. However, I am starting to feel like poo, and I know that I will need the strength and stamina for the move in a couple of months...not to mention swimsuit season. I know for a fact that the only reason I survived packing up, cleaning for showings, and moving out of our house in Tulsa was because of the condition my body was in. For those of you who are mentally saying "but you're thin, you don't need to workout"...thin/skinny does NOT equal healthy or fit. I'm not saying I want to be on a Crossfit commercial or anything, I just want to feel strong and healthy again.
I now know why women from Texas are known for their Aqua-Net shellacked hair...Houston humidity. Kyle asked me the other day why I don't wear my hair curly anymore. My answer...because it lasts for about an hour.
Gasoline does not ignite...gasoline vapors do! I didn't know that until yesterday. This furthers my lack of understanding of how the guy at the oil change place in Ada always had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, yet never blew the place up.
The picture on the front of the Katy magazine this month was of Lyle Lovett and his horse, Smart and Shiney. It made me really miss riding and showing. I kind of just want to go knock on his door and see if he'd let me ride it. However, there was also a picture of his fiancee...who is about my age (I thought it was his daughter before I read the caption). Not sure if that would go over well.
Isn't he pretty?! The horse...not Lyle Lovett.
because the guy in Ada at the oil change place did not do this
ReplyDeleteI read that yesterday...that's what actually sparked (pardon the pun) the conversation where I learned that the vapors ignited...not the gasoline itself. I'm continuously surprised at how dumb some people can be...or were.
DeleteDo you think Lyle used the Crimper on Smart and Shiney?
ReplyDeleteThat would be funny. No, they braid their manes and tails when they're not being shown to keep them clean and de-tangled.
Delete