Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pinterest Project #1

So, I'm not exactly what you would call "crafty", but I've seen a few things on Pinterest that I thought I could put my own twist on, and make it into something that I would actually put in my home.

The original that I saw on Pinterest looks like the picture below. They are framed, heart-shaped maps of "where we met, where we married, where we live". I liked the idea, but I don't care for stuff that is that literally cutesy. 


Where we met


So, I found some square frames with mats already inside (thank you Hobby Lobby), and I cut the map and just laid the mat over it. After that, I used a heart-shaped stamp and red ink to identify the specific city...I have four because we've lived in two places, now. I thought the heart around the city made it a little sentimental without being so overt. 

Other than needing to go back and get the sticker glue off of the glass, I thought they turned out pretty darn neat!









1 comment: