Wednesday, February 22, 2012

House Update

I have so much that I want to write posts about, but for now, this is what I have pictures of and feel like I have enough material to share.

Anyway, we went by the house again this weekend to check on the progress. From the outside, we couldn't tell that much had been done, but once we got on the inside we saw that the drywall was up!!!



Kitchen. The middle piece will be sort of a crescent-shaped island with the sink in the middle. To the back and left is where one set of cabinets and the stove range will go (you can see the vent tube at the top). To the back right is another section of built in cabinets...double ovens on the left, refrigerator on the right and cabinets and counter in between. 

Thinking about this kitchen has inspired me to think more about cooking lately. I actually looked up some cooking classes yesterday...knife technique, mother sauces...fundamental culinary school stuff. One class that I'm actually really interested in taking is one about French and American butchering, and you actually butcher half of a pig during the class and then cook the different cuts of meat. In other words, don't be surprised if one day I have a similar picture as the one above...just with a finished kitchen and a large slab of meat on the island.



Master Bedroom. I love natural light, so I'm in love with having these huge windows in our bedroom. The room itself isn't that huge, which is fine with me. I'm sort of come from the philosophy that as long as our furniture fits and we have space to walk around...that's all the master bedroom I need. I'd rather have the square footage elsewhere.



Great Room. Not much to tell...I just need to get some better measurements so I can plan out furniture.




I went around the house to check if they had swapped out the incorrect brick for the right ones...they had for the most part except for a few palettes in the front. As you can see by the ruts in the mud, we've had a little rain, so I think they couldn't get to the remaining palettes until it dries out more.

We also noticed a lot more houses being started around us. You can see the framing of a house being done in the far left of the picture above...that's the house/yard that backs up to ours...making us even more happy with our lot pick. No neighbors looking right over the back fence!


No comments:

Post a Comment