Friday, November 9, 2012

Boy, Oh BOY!

We went for my anatomy scan today. It was really neat seeing all of the organs, bones, and features of our little one. It was kind of funny because the baby was moving so much, that the technician was having a difficult time getting some of the shots she needed for measurements. She reassured us that the activity level now as in no way any indication of their energy level outside of the womb. We shall see ; )



The fun part, was, however, seeing that we're having a BOY! Kyle had been saying that he  knew that it was a girl...but I knew better. As a matter of fact, as soon as I saw that the test was positive, I knew it was a boy. I have to say though, we really didn't have a preference either way. As long as the baby was healthy, we'll take whatever we get!

To be honest though, we've actually known for a few weeks. We kind of just wanted extra confirmation...not that we really needed any, as you can see from the pics below. 


16 Weeks...



20 Weeks...




When we were in Tulsa a few weeks back, I contacted a pledge sister of mine, Jamee, who, with her husband, owns and operates Stork Vision Tulsa. I told her that we were going to be in town and that I knew that I was the absolute earliest I could be for gender determination, but I would love for her to be the one to tell me. She was more than happy to set up the appointment for us. 

Hospitals, clinics, and anything medical related have a tendency to feel, well, clinical...but I knew my experience with Jamee would be far from that. And I wasn't mistaken. Jamee is one of the sweetest, kindest people I know, and she was genuinely happy to see us and show us our baby in a way that only she could. She would say things like, "Awe, look at that cute little nose!", and I was thinking...it still looks like a Luchador mask to me, but I love that you think my fetus is cute! When it came time for the gender determination, she scanned down to the bottom and paused and said, "Well, there are the little legs, and there's the little bottom...", and I said "...and there's the little penis!". I looked over at Kyle and we both teared up. Okay, we cried. Even though he thought it was a girl, I knew he really wanted a boy, so I was really just thrilled for him more than anything.

If you live in Tulsa, or the surrounding area, and are looking at your 3D/4D ultrasound options, I highly recommend Stork Vision Tulsa. Jamee will treat you like a friend, not a patient, and will do everything in her power to give you and your loved ones the best experience possible. If you "Like" them on Facebook, she often posts special pricing promotions they are offering and new items they have for sale. 

I can't tell you how thankful I am that someone so kind and welcoming was able to provide that special moment for us, rather than a technician in my OB's office. 

Before we even went to the appointment, we had discussed not saying anything to our families until after the anatomy scan...just in case. Well, immediately after our appointment with Jamee, we went to McAlister's Deli to get a to-go order, and we called both of our families while we waited to tell them the fun news. We have nieces on both sides of our families, so this will be the first grandson/nephew. I can't wait!



2 comments:

  1. What a fun story! We went to a stork vision clinic, too, and also had a wonderful, personal experience...and also waited until the anatomy scan confirmation to spread the news beyond immediate family. Congrats on lots of good news =)

    ReplyDelete