I'm a big fan of Christmas, and I usually get my decorations out just before or during Thanksgiving. Most of my decorations are more "winter" than traditional Christmas, which allows me to leave them out a bit longer. This year, we had Thanksgiving at our house...so Christmas decor had to wait until our guests left.
I completely expected to be super happy about dragging out all of my decorations and setting up Christmas in our new house for the first time this past weekend. I wanted to turn to a Christmas music station on DirecTV and drink hot chocolate...and, you know, get all Christmas-y.
But I couldn't. I still can't. I couldn't figure out why until I went outside with Gus the other night...
It's still HOT outside!!!
Seriously. Today was the first day it's been even moderately cool in weeks, and it's only sticking around for the day. Back to 75 tomorrow. Oh, and I just looked...80 on Sunday.
Granted, I'm not asking for -20 degrees or anything, but the necessity of a coat might be nice for a change.
I think I need to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment