Friday, August 16, 2013

I think I can...I think I can...

Being a new mom is exhausting, wonderful, overwhelming, joyous, stressful...I could go on. 

At times, I look at my sink of dishes, pile of dirty laundry, counter of used bottles, and a chair in our bedroom with a mound of clothes...and think, I can't do this!

On my way to work, almost every day, I see this man walking along the side of the road. The first time I saw him, I thought he was hitch hiking. Then I realized that I was seeing him every morning at the same time. Then it dawned on me...he's clean shaven, has on what appear to be clean clothes with his shirt tucked in, and carries a plastic bag...he's walking to work. The closest area from where I usually spot him walking is probably 3-4 miles away...and there is no sidewalk. He walks through shin-high grass the whole way. And it's Houston, and it's hot regardless of the time of day. 

So, when I see some dishes that need to be done, or a pile of laundry that needs to be folded...I thank God that Kyle and I are fortunate to have the jobs we have, and I can appreciate that the things I need to take care of at home aren't really that bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment