So this is going to be random...
Other than my belly getting a little bigger, not much has changed. I get tired earlier in the evening, but I've been feeling great! And in all honesty, I've kind of quit obsessing about all of the little things, because I kind of feel like my body is in auto-pilot now. Unless I do something really stupid, my body is just going to keep growing this baby like it's supposed to!
I have noticed that I can't really sit up on my own very easily any more...I have to do the "roll on the side and push up" move. I'm not even that big yet, my muscles are just stretched so much that it doesn't feel right to use them that way.
Part of my lack of blog posts recently has in fact been a pregnancy induced issue...my fingers have dyslexia. Have you heard of women having "pregnancy brain"? Well, it exists. The baby literally sucks all of your brain power out of you. You forget things that you normally remember, or say things that you would normally filter...that kind of thing. Well, part of mine has manifested as my inability to type well. And I work at a computer all day...go figure.

I ordered a pregnancy body pillow a couple of weeks ago, and last night I was looking at the tag and it had the inspection information regarding the manufacturer in Ada, OK (my hometown). I had completely forgotten that Leachco was in Ada. They manufacture all sorts of baby and maternity products. So if you're a MIO (Made In Oklahoma) fan and need baby/maternity stuff...check them out!
The biggest thing on our minds and to-do list right now, is finding a great daycare. Having worked in a daycare in college, I thought I would be somewhat immune to sending my kid to a cared for my someone else...but I was wrong! The thought of older kids doesn't bother me so much, but handing my newborn over to someone that I don't know that well in a room of other infants is starting to weigh on me. We toured one that's right by our house, which would be super convenient, but I'm just not sure it's the right place for us. I just keep praying that God will show us the right place for our little one to be. He got us to where we are, so I don't lack the confidence that He'll provide the best place for our baby to be taken care of while we work.
How Far Along: 17, almost 18 weeks
Size of baby: I've learned that it depends on which site/app you look at, but our kiddo is supposedly 5-5.5 inches in length...about the size of a small sweet potato
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I think I'm up about 6 lbs. Just an FYI, when I start getting up there in poundage...you'll probably see this section disappear. My OB told me that she didn't see a need for me to gain more than 25 lbs. That would be great, except I don't think she took into consideration that Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners would be partaken of between now and then. We'll see.
Maternity Clothes: Kind of the same. Definitely not in my old pants anymore.
Movement: Not yet, but I expect something soon!
Sleep: Other than having to get up one or two times...I've been sleeping great!
What I miss: Still sandwiches. Being able to wear some of the cute Fall clothes I see coming out. I didn't even bother flipping through the JCrew catalog that I got yesterday.
Cravings: Nothing much here. Still not a huge fan of sweets, but other than that, I'll eat just about anything.
Symptoms: Other than a bigger belly, I feel great!
Best Moment this week: Going on our maiden baby shopping adventure this past weekend. It definitely confirmed my need to get a spreadsheet going, and to get a membership to consumer reports, but it was a lot of fun!
I'm totally having trouble getting up, too! I didn't think that would happen for a few more months. How do you like your maternity pillow? I have been debating getting one. I sleep with four pillows; it works, but I think one big one would be easier.
ReplyDeleteI really like my maternity pillow. I have a tempurpedic, contoured pillow that I sleep on, so I didn't get one of the full pillows that goes all the way around my body; I just got a "J"-shaped one. It gives my belly a little support, and having something between my legs helps with the hip, lower-back discomfort. If my husband would admit to stealing it after I get up...he would say that he likes it too ;)
Delete